Friday, August 10, 2012

Visit from Great Aunt Denise

Been a while...has anyone really missed me?

I don't want to say I've been slacking.  I mean, I have been as far as updating here, but not without cause. I have officially hit my busy season at work, and it's crazier than ever because of new bosses, many changes, and many stressors. After I put Tommy to bed and get myself changed each night, stuff ready for the next day, house picked up (some nights at least), my brain has been mush. I  crawl into bed and fall asleep playing Scrambled with Friends on the iPad against by brother-in-law Craig, allowing him to win some games that he had no right winning. I have a lot going on inside my head these days as well as in my days. But I did want to share some pics from a nice weekend visit we recently had with my Aunt Denise, my mom's sister from Arizona.Well, recent if you consider almost a month ago recent!

These are in no particular order because I uploaded them from my phone via the Blogger app and I am too busy/lazy to figure out how to put them in order.  Other than the folks who were part of the pics, no one knows when these were taken!

We did some shopping, hit up the beach, including Manasquan one night so my Uncle Mark back in Arizona could look for us on the webcam that they have set up there, and he was able to see us before it went out. We pigged out all weekend between Squan Tavern, Vic's in Bradley Beach, and some burgers and hot dogs on the grill with some real sweet Jersey corn.


Aunt Denise, my mom, my niece Alexis, my sister Karyn, me, and Tommy...somehow always surrounded by women who LOVE him!

Great shade umbrella set up...just not sure I an handle it when it's just me and Tommy at the beach, as it usually is.

Someone loved the "pools" at the beach!

Aunt Denise and Tommy on the beach in Manasquan - Tommy sporting his new haircut from earlier that day.

My aunt and I demolished Vic's chopped salami/provolone salad and pizza!

Tommy is still my little sweetheart, and yes, still sporting his Jekyll and Hyde personality depending on the day, which I have not even posted about like I mentioned I would in my previous post weeks ago, but it's his smile and laugh that have pushed me through the past few weeks as I've struggled with stress and challenges around me. Because of him, I'm working so hard to manage that in me, because I've always been a worrywart, and not good at handling stress, and I don't want my reactions or handling of situations to affect him. He is gift that arrived in my life almost 3 years ago - one month from today is his birthday - and I treasure that gift more than any other I've ever received!

No comments:

Post a Comment