

Okay, so if you don't want to know what we are having, don't read this post! Seriously, you'll find out anyway because I will refer to the baby as He/She moving forward anyway....so too bad!
It's a BOY! Here are a few of the images from today's ultrasound...if you need further proof, John has nicely added a red arrow to what you are supposed to be looking at. It was much more clear on the monitor at the doc's office...this could be a thumb for all I know. The other photos are cool too...you can see him sucking his thumb in one and the other two you can see his foot in kicking mode...John and I both were soccer players, but no pressure on the kid, you know?
As for what were we thinking it would be? John thought boy, and I was leaning towards girl, until last night, as I realized I was over thinking the girl names a lot more than the boy names, and said out loud, "I bet it will be a boy b/c I've been so much more focused on the girl names." And a lot of people kept telling me they thought girl. Honestly, neither of us wished either way, and yes, it's so cliche, but just want the baby to be healthy and happy. So far he seems to be healthy though - as I've mentioned, all of my bloodwork, the nuchal translucency results, and the images from today's anatomical ultrasound indicate a healthy baby. We decided to do the amnio for our own peace of mind...as I may have mentioned, I've held the title for world's biggest worrywart for several years, and while I've done a good job of trying to shed it during this pregnancy, decided the only way to keep it from coming back was to get the amnio so we know if there is something we'll have to deal with at some point. The doctor does not expect to have the results be any different than what he has seen so far, which is good. We get preliminary results in about 3-4 days and then the full report in 2 weeks. I feel very confident about everything though.
The amnio was fine - it was uncomfortable, but I get allergy shots every 2 weeks (and have been getting them since I was 7 years old), so needles don't bother me. I didn't see how big this needle was, but I am sure it was bigger than the allergy shot! The doctor said it would feel weird, and it did. Baby was "smart" according to the doctor b/c he stayed all the way on the other side of my body during the procedure. (Aww, smart, so it takes after me!) John watched the whole process and held my hand through it. I may have squeezed a little harder at certain points, but I don't think I ever had the death grip on him like he says I do on the remote control even when I'm fast asleep at night!
When the tech froze the image of the baby so we could see what we were having, she did not tell us, but let us try to figure it out. I think John knew instantly, but he couldn't get the words out of his mouth. He said he looked at the tech trying to make sure, but then I said, "it's a boy, isn't it!" I think I would have been shocked and elated either way, but I definitely can say that's how I felt when it was confirmed. The baby also had the hiccups which were pretty neat to see how that all happens, and of course John then said, "it takes after you honey." (I am prone to the hiccups and get them multiple times a day, several days at a time, and John says they sound like a sick bird.)
And my dad...he decided he wanted to know. When mom told him I called, she asked him again if he did or did not want to know, and decided he did, so she told him. He called me up and asked, "So where is he going? Rutgers or Notre Dame?" I was confused because I didn't know how he found out, until he explained it. I was going to try to humor him and not tell him, or confuse him and refer to him as a her around him, but I'm glad he made that a little easier for me.
Everyone asks if I have felt the baby yet, and my answer is MAYBE. Last night while reading i thought I felt some nudges/bubble-like things occasionally, but when I'd put the book down and put my hands on my belly, of course, NOTHING. The baby weighs about 10 oz. right now and has to kick through a pretty thick wall for me to feel it, so it might be a little bit before I know for sure. Today I was standing next to my boss looking at his computer, and , and of course my stomach growled right at that moment, so he's been telling everyone that the baby growled at him...guess we were both hungry at that point!
No comments:
Post a Comment