Tommy is in the spirit of things as we will be celebrating his first Thanksgiving next week! And tomorrow he will be 10 weeks old! i know a lot of the photos i post are of him laying down...that's because he is usually so funny and interactive after we've changed his diaper and gotten him dressed and we end up taking so many pictures of him on the changing table!
However, first we'll be celebrating his baptism on Sunday, November 22nd! The baptism is at our church at 1pm, and then we have a luncheon afterwards at the golf club that John works at.
We are also very excited because tomorrow (Thursday), Grandma and Grandpa Beurskens will be arriving with Aunt Maria and Uncle Bryan! They will be staying with us until Monday. Tommy will get to meet his daddy's side of the family for the first time, and I know it's going to be very special for all of us.
We have not been up to much else, other than going for walks on days that the weather has cooperated with us, which I have to say, we've been very lucky to have some mild weather into mid November. We've been doing our tummy time to strengthen TJ's neck, back and stomach muscles, though everyone is amazed at how strong he is with holding himself up when he is on my shoulder to burp. He especially loves to look around his nursery at all the colors and animals on the curtains and walls. He also loves to laugh at Mommy and Daddy when they make funny noises at him to try to get him to smile and laugh. Tommy is still sleeping pretty well, with some occasional fussing at night or a wake up call to be fed. I am actually nursing a bit more than I was even though last week I said I was going to more bottles of what I've pumped, as both TJ and I seem to have matured a little to give it another go over the weekend.
Tux and Tails are onto TJ's game...they see him being fed 7-8 times a day and think they should be too...if John or I go in the kitchen the two of them run in there looking for food - even if they JUST ate. I think I mentioned a few weeks ago that we had a scare with Tails being diagnosed with feline lower urinary tract disease, which is usually fatal within 24-48 hours if not caught early. Fortunately, we caught it early and acted immediately (should have gotten pet insurance!), and as a result, both cats are on a strictly wet food diet, with prescription food from the vet. We used to leave dry food out all the time so they could "snack" throughout the day when we weren't home, or at night while we slept, and they are REALLY missing it. We even caught the 2 of them licking the scooper that was used to scoop out the dry food from the cannister, because it had crumbs/flavorings from the dry food on it! Tails especially is a nut job - he has tried to eat my Cheerios before I put milk in the bowl a few times because he misses the crunching I think! But they chow down on the wet food, which for those of you who have animals, proves that if an animal is hungry enough, they will eat whatever you give them. We had been trying to give this same food to them several times over the past year when Tails was having issues, and the two of them absolutely refused to eat it. Now, it's all we've got. The good thing about not having the dry food out all the time is that once Tommy is up and running, we won't have to worry about him putting it in his mouth though!
We'll update next week after our visit with John's family and the baptism!
No comments:
Post a Comment