Our family was very much into the World Cup this year. John and I both played soccer growing up, as did just about all of our siblings. Everyone had high hopes for the U.S. team and while they provided us with a real thriller to get to the second round, unfortunately they did not go as far as we would have liked. The Netherlands, however, made us very proud by making it to the finals. Opa Chris (John's dad and Tommy's grandpa) was born in Holland so Tommy has a bit of Dutch in him and we were so excited to root for the ORANJE! Every time Holland played I dressed Tommy in his orange shorts and orange soccer shirt. Here are pictures of him the day of the final game, in which Spain defeated the Netherlands, 1-0 in double overtime. Tommy was playing on the floor most of the game but every time I yelled at the TV, he would stop and look up at me like I had lost my mind. Sometimes he would laugh. And when Spain scored and took all the wind out of my sail, he kept looking up at me as if to say, "don't be sad, mommy."
Wearing his ORANJE (Dutch spelling) - do you see his soccer ball teether in the left part of the photo?
I actually did the Hup Holland Hup cheer and had Tommy jumping around when I did, so he was really into the game for a while! I actually have been doing the cheer this weekend for him and he jumps around in the exersaucer and jumparoo...which I only put him in because I have a feeling we might not be using either one for much longer...plus he is into EVERYTHING now so if I need to do something out of the room briefly, it helps to put him in one of them!
No comments:
Post a Comment