Happy Memorial Day to everyone! We would like to thank all of the servicemen and women, past and present, who fought for our freedom and continue to protect it every day!
I've been MIA for a few weeks as I try to simplify and declutter my life a bit, mainly of the stress that I have been carrying around and lots of worries that I have no control over. Tommy does not need a crazy-mama. I finally got all of the stuff piled on the bed in the extra bedroom cleared out, donated, given away, put in the basement about two weeks ago, and there's another pile of stuff that was amassed since Friday from cleaning out closets, drawers, and sniff, sniff, removing some of the "baby" things that we don't need anymore for Tommy - like the changing pad on his dresser. I had to wait until Tommy was napping to put it in the basement because he FREAKED out when John tried to take it away the other night! Perhaps Tommy's a little sentimental like his mommy about certain things? First of all, the Tomster is too big to be on the changing table. Second, he's potty trained. Fully potty trained. Even in the AM he wakes up dry - but for now I'm still sticking with the pull-ups for overnight.Daycare sent home half of the extra clothes we sent in "just in case."
We had a wonderful 3 day weekend and as much as I'd love to not have to go to work tomorrow, last week I felt like some things started to turn around for me so I am not stressing out and dreading the week. My mom was here for the weekend, which was great, and my brother came down with his two kids on Saturday. Tommy had a blast playing in the pool with Em and Fin and running around in the sprinklers and trying out his new swing set (separate post to come on that!). Sunday Tommy and I visited with some friends who I don't get to see that much but whom I've known since we were probably 6 or 7 years old. It was so great to catch up and share and laugh about the "good old days." Today Tommy and I vegged around the house, with the little stinker finally crashing for his nap around 3pm. The kid does not want to miss ANYTHING! Here's proof from Saturday's fun with the cousins that eventually the exhaustion will catch up with you:
![]() |
| Yes, napping in his underwear...officially a Big Boy! |

No comments:
Post a Comment