I have to say that while I am notorious for thinking about what I am having for lunch as soon as i arrive at the office, once I do eat, i feel full prettty quickly once i do eat. Here is a photo of John and I last night after we got home from dinner at Squan Tavern for our anniversary. I was exhausted, and full. Had the cold antipasto (I know Mom B's mouth is watering right now!!! it was delicious!), and the baked manicotti. John had the lobster tails. Usually we try to go to dinner somewhere we have never been or to a place we have not been to in a while, but Squan is a local haunt. Both of us had really long days at the office and agreed we just wanted a good meal that we would both enjoy, and chose Squan. Keeping with tradition, however, we did do our annual anniversary photo! We still can't believe we are married 8 years already, and love to reminisce about that day and how much fun we had. Goofy as it is, we will try to watch the video this weekend. There are so many funny parts, like John losing his ring while we were out dancing (slow-mo is hysterical!!!), and certain family members not knowing the camera is on them when they are doing something quite entertaining...and some who did know the camera was on them. They shall all remain nameless to protect the innocence...but some of you know who I am talking about! As for gifts, we were very practical this year and got ourselves a new toaster. Everyone who we've told is giving both of us a hard time, but when you look up what type of gift the 8th anniversary calls for, we chose a "modern" gift of an appliance! We thought about doing a washer/dryer actually, as we know one of those will probably need to be replaced soon enough, but figured we'd wait that out a little bit longer. Every morning I would set off the smoke alarm when I made my toast with our old toaster...and it was on the lowest setting (below 1). Feel free to insert your jokes here about my cooking skills, but this was definitely the toaster, and not me. Some days it would just never pop up and the toast would be black, but other days it would take me 3 tries to get the bread just a little brown. And yes, I did clean the toaster out making sure nothing was stuck in it. Our smoke alarm is a bit sensitive sometimes even when we are using the oven, but this was definitely a toaster issue. So far, no problems setting the smoke alarm off!Another funny food story from this past Friday...I went to lunch at the golf outing for our development office in Athletics, and it was catered by a company that we know is outstanding. For someone who could not eat anything but pizza, and not much of it for 3 months, I really went to town. I was able to eat a hamburger, 2 pieces of BBQ chicken, potato salad, caesar salad, the equivalent of one giant dill pickle (10 round slices was what I actually ate), and a cup of ice cream. I so needed a nap after that! And re the pickles - that is NOT a pregnancy thing for me. I have always LOVED pickles and have been known to eat an entire jar at various times in my life. So save the pickles and pregnancy jokes - they don't apply to me!
This week I was also fortunate to have Liz from Eagle Oaks, the golf club John works at, give me a complimentary reflexology treatment, which is done on your feet only. It was amazing. it works the pressure points in your feet to relieve stresses in your body. By putting pressure on certain areas of the foot, you can tell where you may need some balance, or perhaps there is some strain on that part of your body. For me, it was in the lower back, kidney, intestines and pelvic area. Makes total sense with the pregnancy! I left feeling very refreshed and relaxed, and yes, more balanced!
Some big gifts arrived for us this week too that are so cool - our Chicco travel system (stroller/car seat) from Mom and Dad B...we love it! I was tempted to put Tails in it to test it out around the neighborhood but doubt he would stay in it. It would be quite a sight...the neighbors would really think we are crazy - we don't really know too many of them because of our crazy schedules but that will probably change once the baby arrives. But they would probably really wonder about us if I 'walked' a cat in the stroller! The colors are green and brown, and John said it was so easy to put together as he only had to read the directions one time. We picked this one b/c of the ease of it folding up and the car seat snaps easily into it as well, a plus for me or either of the grandmoms and any others when they are babysitting! And we also received the bedding set from John's sister Maria and her husband Craig. It's called Jungle Tails from NoJo. Very cute with animals, including a monkey, on it. Colors are brown, blue, yellow and green mostly. We can't wait to set it up in a few weeks. So special thanks this week to Mom and Dad B and Maria and Craig!
Otherwise, we are doing fine...I am still not working out as much as I'd like...and by that I mean going for some walks or doing my DVDs. I did do one DVD on Saturday, and also got a walk in on Sunday, but it's been downhill ever since. At least the girl from Cirque du Soleil can't give me a hard time about slacking when I pop her DVD in!
You look great...I can see the glow!
ReplyDelete