
The other big problem I'm having is the itchiness. Once I got the prescription from my doctor about 2 months ago, it wasn't so bad, and I only use the prescription when it's really bad. But now all of a sudden I'm itchier! Obviously the pregnancy is a huge part of the blame because my skin is stretching, which means itching. It's mainly my stomach area and chest, though I am an itchy person by nature due to my allergies and sensitive skin. Still using the Curel Motherhood lotion, as that seems to "cool" things off and make me feel better, but my sister gave me some African Shea Butter that I also like to use at night. It's supposed to prevent stretch marks, though I haven't seen any of those yet, but then again, I can'treally see below the big belly sticking out in front of me, so I suppose there could be a few of them. I'm told by most people that nothing really prevents them. You'll either get them, or you won't. Don't worry, no 2 piece bathing suits for me this summer...the maternity bathing suits I have are so comfy and adorable that I'm wondering if I can use them next year????
My niece Alexis came to visit this past weekend and we had a great time. I picked her up on Thursday, which was her last day of school. First order of business when we got home was for me to take a NAP! This was the first time I took a nap probably since April! I could not figure out why I as sooooo tired, and then my sister clued me in that I may have had a sugar crash, as I had gone that morning for the glucose test and had to drink 10oz of some orange stuff within 5 minutes, then wait an hour to have my blood drawn. So about 4 hours after I drank the stuff was when I started to feel my eyes getting heavy. We were about 10 minutes from my house when this happened, and I turned the radio up, put the air on high, and asked Lexi to keep me talking! She then had the GREAT idea of asking of we could just "chill and relax" a bit at the house before we went to get our mani/pedis...is she not the smartest 9 year old or what? I told her that was the best idea I'd ever heard, as Aunt Suzie needed a nap! She watched TV in my room while I konked out for about 45 minutes. We got our manis/pedis, and then we whipped through the grocery store...neither of us wanted to go there, but I told her I had no milk or Lucky Charms for her (yes, for her, not for me, though at one time, yes, it was my Breakfast of Champions). She insisted on carrying in the heavy bags from the car for me "because you shouldn't be lifting the heavy ones" she told me! Friday we went to the boardwalk and played mini golf and went to the aquarium with Grandma Barbara. On Saturday, we went to the movies and saw "Up" which was really good, but also sad in parts and the preggo girl got all emotional! Lexi also got to feel the baby kick while she was visiting, and her reaction was priceless! Very similar to John's, she said "whoa!" and jumped a bit! Sunday the whole family went to brunch in Asbury Park, except for John, who had to work...but he did get to play 9 holes of golf before the rain started on Sunday afternoon, so I think he was happy with that for his Father's Day outing!
I have my next doctor's appointment on Monday morning, so I'll probably have the results of the gestational diabetes test from last week and whatever else they tested my blood for. We need to start looking at our options for day care soon, and probably find out when we need to go do the maternity ward tour of the hospital. Work has been crazy as we are behind on a few things and I am trying not to stress myself out over it. I make jokes that I'm going into labor or that my water broke so that maybe I'll get the answers I need to get some stuff done, but I think they've figured out I'm the girl who cried wolf one too many times. I am really trying to make sure that I have as much done as I possibly can before September 7th, which right now is my planned last day of work (yes, Labor Day - we have our home opener for football that day - 4pm on ESPN vs. Cincinnati). I want to leave stuff in order for everyone who will be taking over portions of my job while I am out for about 3 months, but I'm getting nervous that I'm running out of time since I'm behind on so many things - that are out of my control!
Weather finally looks good for this coming weekend in NJ, so I'm hoping to sit in my friend's pool all day Saturday when I babysit for her son, and then maybe hit the beach on Sunday. We are all a bit waterlogged here in NJ - 20 out of 24 days this month it has rained!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment