Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Furniture has Arrived!



















Not much to report new at the 31 week mark. I am feeling more tired, but I am also a lot more busy at work these days so I'm sure that has something to do with it, but I continue to feel myself slowing down. I am up at least 1-2x a night to go to the bathroom; Tails is nice enough to escort me each time, so I'm thinking he will be good company for middle of the night feedings when the baby is here. Actually, he thinks I'm getting up to feed him I'm sure! Sometimes I can't fall back asleep for a while. The other night I was in bed by 10, but up at 12:30 when John's phone alarm went off downstairs. I didn't know that's what it was, and of course he slept through it even though I woke him because the noise itself was weird and I didn't know what it was...maybe a toy in the baby's room? Did my business in the bathroom and then into the baby's room, where the noise faded, so I went downstairs, and yes, John's work cell phone was beeping. I was still half asleep, but for some reason i could not fall back asleep after that until sometime after 2am. Woke again at 4am, where my escort Tails once again took me to the bathroom. No surprise I hit snooze at least 5 x that morning.


The crib and dresser arrived on Monday, as you can see by the photos. We are very happy with how sturdy it feels and hope we are as happy once the baby is using it! We allowed the cats in the room to sniff everything out and investigate...Tux seems a bit nervous and didn't really check much out, but Tails was all over it...under the crib, on top of the dresser, and behind the crib. He did NOT try to go in the crib. He did, however, go in the bassinette which John brought up and put in the room for now, but we squirted him with the water bottle immediately and he got out right away. We want to teach the cats early on they are not allowed in the crib or bassinette. We are keeping the door to that room closed during the day when we are not home as well, but we figured we may as well start setting boundaries when we are around by being in the room and letting them explore a little.
The other 2 photos were too cute not to share. Tux is under the covers of our bed in one (and you can see Tails a little too). I had set up my snoogle pillow and other body pillow earlier and then went downstairs, only to come up and find him under the covers in between both of them, just like i usually am! And the other photo is of Tails slinking into the baby's room before the furniture was delivered. John took some before photos and as he was snapping this one Tails happened to come around the corner to check the room out.
Tonight I feel like the baby is jabbing me in certain spots because when I push or rub on an area of my tummy that is sore/aching, I feel like I'm getting some resistance back from him! I have to pay attention to his kicks and movements more as the sleep patterns are supposed to be more defined, and sometimes I get myself in such a zone at work or doing stuff at home I can't remember when he last kicked and then I get nervous wondering if I've felt him moving at all. I admit I sneak some chocolate to try to wake him up every once in a while, but I can tell it's a tight space in there for him!
I also had to share what I thought was a cute and funny question from my 9 year old niece Alexis this weekend. We went up to the beach one day with my friend Denise and her 2 kids, and she asked me if I was able to go in the ocean. I said yes, but I would not be able to lift her or do any boogie boarding. She was okay with that. Then she asked if Uncle John would be coming to the beach more often next summer when the baby was here...I said he probably would come more, but I would probably be going a little less myself (especialy since the 5 of us looked like the Griswalds from the Vacation movies going to the beach with all the stuff we were lugging with us...should have gotten a photo of that!). She then asked who would watch the baby when we went to the beach if Uncle John did not come, since she and I would be going in the ocean...how funny is she - worrying about who is going to keep an eye on the baby, since he will nto be able to boogie board with us next summer! It was such a cute and innocent line of questionning! Since my sister is not a beach person, perhaps she'll stay with the baby while Lexi and I go do some boogie boarding! Win-win!

No comments:

Post a Comment