John is off on Mondays from work usually since he works at a golf club, so he always has a "honey-do" list from me. Sometimes it's written down, sometimes I call him during the day and add to it...but this week he had his own list of things to do, including starting to work on the nursery a bit. Right now it's a spare bedroom/office. He moved a bunch of things to the basement, as the crib and dresser is scheduled to be delivered on July 20th, though the bed and desk/computer is still set up. But he was able to get the closet unit installed, so we put all the baby's clothes and other items in there as you can see in this photo. It's all adjustable, which is great, since the top hanging section is a little high for me to reach right now! At least we got everything off the floor and out of bags, and soon enough we'll be washing everything - so many people keep reminding me that I have to do that before we let the baby wear anything, so I promise I will do it!
We are heading to Charleston, Illinois this weekend to visit with John's family. His sister Maria and Mom are hosting a baby shower for us on Saturday! We are so looking forward to seeing everyone, as it's been since Thanksgiving that we saw John's immediate family, and last August since we saw all the cousins, aunts and uncles. Unfortunately we will not get to see the family on John's mom's side this trip, who live in Florida and Baltimore. We fly to Chicago tomorrow late afternoon, and come home on Sunday. This will be my first and probably last flight while pregnant, since I'll be 30 weeks on Sunday. I'm wondering a little how the flight will affect me, if at all. The doctor told me to just make sure I stretch my legs as much as I can and not sit for too long, but fortunately it's not a very long flight - 2 hours. The drive to Charleston from Chicago is actually 3 hours...except for the one time it took us 5 hours, 2 of which we were driving in circles around Chicago due to traffic...I can laugh about it now, but I'm not sure if Maria's husband Craig is going to laugh if I remind him...his reaction to the situation that whole time actually made it pretty funny then...sorry Craig...not laughing at you, but I wish we had it on videotape because I am cracking up thinking about it! Though it would not have been funny to be pregnant and in a car for 5 hours...wonder how many times we'll have to stop on the drive down for me to get some relief! I am so excited to have a few days off from work! Even decided to take Monday off, since it's John's regular day off anyway, and we plan to go look at some of the day care centers in the area after my doctor's appointment that morning.
We had a nice 4th of July weekend; got to see some fireworks at John's friend's house on the Manasquan River. My mom came down again to visit and we did a little damage at the Carter's and Osh Kosh B'Gosh outlets, but everything was on sale, plus I had a coupon! Got to the beach on Saturday for a few hours too - it was very crowded, and I heard people talking about how "lucky" they were to get a spot on 5th Avenue...5 long blocks from the beach. Again, I am so grateful to the people who belong to John's golf club who let me park in their driveway right across the street from the beach. Even if I don't get to the beach as much as the past 2 years this summer, I think I'll have to double the contents of their thank you gift basket since I am parking for 2!
No comments:
Post a Comment