I know we (I) have been MIA for a few weeks. I've had a lot going on...I've been busy at work, traveled to Florida for work for 5 days, and just can't seem to catch up at home or at work. My commutes to and from work have been awful, and not having worked out in 6 weeks with the holidays and my schedule, I have had minimal energy. This week I am feeling a little better, having gotten to the gym 3 days this week, including Monday night spin class where I rode 18 miles and released a ton of stress I was carrying around. I completely lost myself in the class, forgetting I was in a converted racquetball court and not outside cycling through a park somewhere. I felt so good after class I was practically crying.
Today the poop hit the fan at work with the resignation of the head football coach to take an NFL job. It will be interesting to see how things pan out the next few weeks and months with this development. Definitely makes for a bit of a stressful situation...not that I have to do the coaching search, but this will ultimately affect me and my job somehow depending on a new coach's ideas and plans for marketing and advertising and gameday stuff that I'm involved in. I have to be honest, even before this happened today, I've been wondering if it's time for me to start thinking about my next step, possibly outside of Athletics and sports so that I can have a shorter commute and thus more time to spend with Tommy. Something less stressful. I love what I do, and what I do is not brain surgery, but there are so many variables and things that make it complicated and stressful at times. I have some other things I'm working through outside of work as well so I've got to make sure I manage my stress these days so that I'm not letting it affect Tommy. My patience has been a little on the thin side the past few weeks in general as a result of not managing my stress as well as I should/could be. I worry and care way too much about things sometimes, and do a lot of projecting...you know, the "what ifs?" that sometimes lead to sleepless nights and stomach aches. I know I've been short with Tommy sometimes the past few weeks because I've let other worries get the best of me rather than just being in the moment with my handsome little boy, who makes me smile and laugh most of the time when I really need it. I come home from working late games during the week and the first thing I do is go upstairs to look in at Tommy sleeping. I sometimes stand there for several minutes, just watching him, being thankful for how much he has blessed my life, and praying for the tools to be a good mom to him every day.
So, that's my general explanation for being M.I.A. the past few weeks. I hardly have any photos to show for the past few weeks either. Oma came to visit for 10 days and help out with Tommy while I was away in Florida for work. Do you know we never took pictures with her until the morning she was leaving? She's sort of in the background of a few that John took of Tommy while I was away, but we only have a few posed shots...sorry Oma! But we are so glad that you came to visit, and very grateful for your help with Tommy while I was traveling. I feel like I sort of got jipped (not sure if that is spelled right) on the visit since I was not here for half of it!
 |
| Cute picture of Tommy from early January, making "soup" on a warmer day on the front stoop |
 |
| Tommy giggling out of control while Mommy was away...Oma's hands to the left! |
 |
| Love this picture of the Tomster...look at that lefty grip on the ball too! |
 |
| I think this picture truly captures Tommy's personality MOST days |
 |
| Although you can't see Tommy's face, I just loved this action shot |
 |
| Love that Orange Guy snuck in this picture with Tommy and his Oma |
 |
| Hugs for Oma |
 |
| So funny how Tommy closes his eyes when trying to catch a ball |
 |
| Trying to walk in Mommy's shoes... |
 |
| ...which he did! |
So I'm going to be working on myself a bit the next few weeks and months...it's not really a New Year's resolution. But I'm working on making some changes in how I handle and react to situations, try not to project so much, and not get ahead of myself and the situations I'm faced with...try to live Just for Today. And make sure I'm the best Mommy to my Sweet T!
No comments:
Post a Comment