Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Happy Father's Day (only 4 days late, unlike Mother's Day which was 3 weeks late!)

While John was not able to go away with us to Avalon because of his work schedule, we did make it home on Father's Day to have dinner and give Tommy some quality Daddy time.  We had dinner outside at the golf club, which Tommy loved because he got to watch the fishies in the pond and also run around a bit on the course.
Tommy shares his yogurt melts with Daddy 

Happy Father's Day Daddy!

Cheesy smile from John that he'll be mad I posted, but best photo of the canvas that Tommy gave Daddy as a gift

And yes, while I know it was Father's Day and everyone likes to give dads the day off, I admit to making an executive decision that I was officially off duty for a few hours.  Although I was on "vacation" with Tommy, there is still the fact that a very active soon to be 3 year old needs to be entertained, chased, played with, fed, bathed and put to bed. So when John tried to guilt me into doing the bed time that night since I had been on vacation and he had stayed up too late watching some new TV show he got hooked on, I stood firm. I decided that the 2 boys needed some quality snuggle time together since technically Daddy got a "vacation" of sorts from doing any of that while we were away! And guess what, both boys were asleep in record time!

But when John takes Tommy on vacation for a few days without me, I will return the favor!  Happy Father's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment