Looks like we officially have a water-baby, or water-toddler on our hands...Tommy spent the entire weekend in the pool, first at my parents' house on Saturday and then at my friend Denise's house on Sunday. Doesn't matter if it's a little pool or a big pool, Tommy is happy with either one because they both offer different kinds of fun.
At my parents' house...
 |
| ...the slide is a bonus that the big pools don't have... |
 |
| ...plus we get to hang out with the cousins! |
 |
| ...or relax in the hammock for a few minutes! |
 |
...or go crazy in the bouncy house!
|
At the big pool, we get to wear our swimmie vest and throw tons of toys into the pool for the grown ups to retrieve at various times, get thrown in the air by "the guy" as Tommy referred to my friend's brother Billy, or just jump in, even though someone was Mr. Tentative at first and insisted on going down the steps before exhausting himself with all the jumping in he did.
 |
| I'm cringing looking at this because it looks like his feet are going to drag, but they did not! |
 |
| Airborne! Love Jackson's reaction in the background, though I have no idea if it was intended for Tommy's jump or not! |
 |
| Tommy had the shakes since he was in the pool for almost 3 hours, and charmed Caroline into feeding him! |
I had some cute video of Tommy from both Saturday and Sunday, but I keep getting error messages when I try to format them for the blog, so I can't include those in this post.
Even though he is quite willing to wear his swimmie vest, I really want to get Tommy back into swim lessons, which we did for about 3 months when he turned 16 months old, but nothing since June of 2011. He did great with kicking and swimming when it was not Mommy in the pool with him on Sunday, and if we go back to the Atlantic Club for lessons, he'll have outgrown the Mommy and Me classes by this September, so I'm curious as to how he will do without us in the pool with him. I'm not sure when I will sign him up, however, since I didn't want to do summer lessons because I don't want to commit to every Saturday since that is really the only day that works for my schedule, and the fall is difficult because I have 5 football games on Saturdays that I have to work. I met someone recently who gives private swim lessons who is also a daycare teacher for 3-4 year olds, so I am sure she has the patience and methods to work with our Sweet T, and my friend Denise offered her pool if we wanted to do private lessons for Tommy, so I may ask the woman if she would be able to do that and then pick a night during the week to maybe go over to Denise's for lessons. We may have more flexibility with the schedule if we do it that way, so we'll see!
No comments:
Post a Comment