Sunday, September 30, 2012

Pirate Tommy's 3rd Birthday Party



We celebrated Tommy's birthday with family and a few close friends on Sunday, September 16th, since it was an off weekend for me with football.  We had a great time, and keeping with the tradition of the previous two birthdays, Tommy never napped and was a champ all day. Not surprisingly, he did wake up that night, though it was not night terrors this time, but nightmares, I think.  Or a tummy ache from all the goodies he ate that day between the cake, candy from the pinata, cookies, and probably a few ice pops!

"Jake and the Neverland Pirates" was our party theme this year since he became a big fan of the show over the summer.  Go figure, his obsession did start to dissipate a bit as we got closer to the party, and now, we go days without watching an episode, which of course has me freaking out a little since we already have our Halloween costumes based on the show. Fortunately, Tommy still tells anyone who asks him "what are you going to be for Halloween?" that he is going to be Jake, so hopefully we are okay on that one!  Cars and Cars 2 were constantly playing the past month on the DVD player, and the past week it's been a SuperHeroes DVD that he discovered. Jake is still in the mix, just not as much.  I guess he's broadening his horizons...sort of like me with some of the new shows this season I'll be checking out on my DVR eventually!

Here's a recap of the party in pictures...long overdue, but many thanks again to my sister-in-law Maria for probably 99% of the photos...I think 3 of them are from my iPhone.



Bellying right up to the cheeseballs, just like Mommy would!

Sporting the pirate shirt and a balloon around his sleeve, which lasted about 30 seconds.

Tossing the ball out of the tent

Our family was so generous with the gifts, we had to have a  "purge party " the next day with Tommy's toys.
Aunt Ria and Pirate Tommy!

Birthday cake of which we had much leftover - it was HUGE!


Tommy's favorite part of the cake was his name!

Tommy and his cousin Lexi
Loved that smile as we were singing to him!

Blowing out the candle like a pro!

Cake...yum!

Mommy never actually saw him eat the cake...the proof is in the picture though!

The kids wait for their turn at the pinata

Daddy was helping Tommy, but by Tommy's stance, I think he had this on his own!

Daddy and Tommy

Showing off his treasure from the pinata!

Tommy making sure I had on the "Tommy necklace."

Tommy and Mommy

Tommy holding us all together!

Oma, Tommy and Ria...classic distracted Tommy!

Oma, Tommy and Aunt Ria 

Money! The kid knew that a check was "money" and was actually disappointed if a card did not have any in it!

This magnetic "chore chart" has become quite the hit with a certain 3 year old!

That would be a Jake wig...Mommy sported it too, but I'll  save that for someone else to post...it's not going on my blog!

Meema, Tommy, Mommy and Pop-Pop 
We had a great day with our family and a great weekend with Oma and Aunt Ria.  Aunt Ria had to leave on Monday, but Oma stayed for another week with us.  Sadly, I have no other photos from the rest of their visit...but per usual, we got to Squan Tavern on Oma's last night with us since it's her favorite restaurant to go to when she visits! And we had dinner at John's work at the golf club one night too.  Tommy was great both nights, though a little obsessed with the bathrooms.  I think he told us he had to pee about 8 times each night because he wanted to look around the bathrooms more.  We're starting to figure out when he's 'crying wolf' about having to go potty!


1 comment:

  1. Love the theme and that cake was awesome!!! I can tell Tommy had a great time. Three is fun, but like you...I want to slow down time. It's always going to fast.

    ReplyDelete