Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Tuxedo and the Bibs

Here is the video I mentioned last week that I wanted to share. Tuxedo went a little nuts with the bibs, socks and a few other items we were washing for the baby. Note that this was PRE-wash, so everything has since been washed and put away. Tails gets in the action a little bit, but for once, camera-shy Tuxedo is the star! Sorry...video is not posting for some reason, and I'm frustrated with the file...stay tuned...will try again with John's help.

I am officially full-term as of Sunday, hitting 37 weeks. Saturday I was exhausted and took a 2 hour nap, and my back was bothering me. I also got sick in the morning. I've decided that Entennmann's chocolate donuts do NOT agree with me when I have them in the morning, because when I was getting sick a few weeks ago, I was having one or two in the AM occasionally, with my toast. So no more donuts in the mornings.

Monday we went to see Dr. Passes, and Cathy the office nurse thinks I've got another 2 weeks at least. She said I've definitely dropped, but not to the point that I look like I'm going to go any day. Dr. Passes does not like to give guestimates, but I promised I would not hold him to it, and he said 1.5-2 weeks as well. Baby B is in the transverse position, with his head on my right side and tiny hiney on the left. Feet and hands must be in the middle because I'm seeing a lot of action there the past few days! Doc also said not to be surprised if the baby were to turn any day now though so he is head down. Some folks have told me they actually SAW their baby turn when that happened! If that happens to me, I am sure I will laugh because I think it's funny when I see him making these wave movements in there!

I am feeling so heavy, and so tired, but I only have 3 more days left in the office and the Rutgers home opener football game on Monday to work. John is not too thrilled that I am insisting on working the game, but the plan is for me to sit and observe/direct so those folks taking over for me can learn on the job and run with it next game. John will be with me at the game, so if something were to happen, he'll zip me home. Plus, I think I have enough connections at the game that I could probably get a police escort from Rutgers down to the hospital, which is about an hour away from Rutgers. The joke is that they will land a helicopter on the field and stop the game and whisk me away, catching it all on the new hi-definition videoboard that I am responsible for scripting every game. And I've done plenty of nesting at work getting everything in order for my co-workers, but am definitely ready to start doing that at home next week when I am finally officially on maternity leave. I put together 18 pages of instructions, single spaced, for my co-workers...a tad possessive of my work, don't you think? Something I am definitely going to have to learn to let go of, and I think Baby B will be what forces that to finally happen. It's a good thing!

John and I have started to wonder when something is going to happen...will I be at home and him at work? Will he be on the golf course and will he hear/answer his phone? Will they send someone out in a golf cart to find him if I have to call someone at his office? Or will it be the middle of the night when we are home sleeping? I'm not nervous, but starting to feel a little anxious, but in a good way, not a bad way at all. It's more excitement. But, I am hoping for at least a week at home before anything happens, just so I can rest. I have an appointment scheduled with the office manager at the pediatrician's office on 9/11, though my feeling is that until we see the doctors a few times will we know if we like him/her. Dr. Passes uses this practice for his kids, and it's within walking distance of our house if we wanted to walk, and it's a husband/wife team. M&M Pediatrics...some of you will think I picked it because I love m&m's, but their last name starts with an M! I'm not that crazy!

I did not sleep well last night...well, actually, I did until 4:30, when i got up for only the 2nd time to go to the bathroom, but then i could not fall back asleep...until about 6:30 when i had already shut the alarm off and felt myself drifting off...fortunately caught myself because I wanted to get to work and try to leave on time tonight...I am actually being pretty productive this week, and crossing off multiple items a day from my to do list, but then again, it's all stuff that I will either finish or have to leave for someone else to do if i don't finish it!

Our next appointment is on Tuesday, 9/8 since Monday is Labor Day and the office closed (and I'm working!). Just trying to get through this week with minimal stress and not working too hard, so keep us in your prayers that we have a few more weeks before Baby B arrives!

No comments:

Post a Comment