This developed since Monday, as we were just at the doctor then as John and I were concerned we didn't know if he was better or worse since Saturday's visit, and then we went back today for a follow-up. Ugh. Tommy has been so not himself since Sunday. I left the football banquet just as they were serving me my dinner to get home. He had a fever of 100.4 both Sunday and Monday. Both John and I were home on Monday; yesterday I ran up to work to get some files to work from home, but other than about 2 hours yesterday afternoon, haven't touched much on that end. Stayed home today because he was up a lot last night and since we had an appointment this afternoon, figured it would almost be a waste to go in. TJ has been so clingy with me, always wanting to be held, which several people have told me is quite normal when kids are sick. No problem with some extra cuddle time, but it breaks my heart to hear him go nuts when I put him in his bouncy seat just so I can run to the bathroom. And the whining - this is something we've never really heard from Tommy. (I might be conveniently forgetting some of the whining from the first few weeks when we were figuring out the nursing thing...) But at least we now know he has had good reason for it! We have an antibiotic to give him 2x a day for the infection. We can reduce the nebulizer treatments to 3x a day starting tomorrow, and eventually to 2 probably over the weekend. His chest congestion/wheezing has cleared up a lot but it's still there a little, but he has more congestion in his nose, which is why he is frustrated and part of the reason he is not drinking/eating that well. I think he's maybe finished one full 6 oz. bottle the past 3 days...we've wasted a lot of formula...though at least this is the free stuff I got from my contact.
I feel so bad for my little guy - he is napping a lot during the day, but the nights have been difficult for all 3 of us. John took the graveyard shift last night when he woke up and had to be held and rocked for a while. He's also a bit more gassy than usual, and after he had a poopie yesterday he was actually quite thrilled with himself...hasn't gone yet today, though he was tooting quite a bit before and during the doctor visit.
Off to check on my little man - thanks for the get well wishes we've been receiving! (Sorry, no pictures - haven't thought to take any of our little patient!)
How is Tommy doing now? Hope he's feeling better now.
ReplyDeleteHow is he feeling? Im home today with Cora. She is having stomach issues and a low grade fever. Tommy and Cora did well though with a good long stretch without getting sick! I hope Tommy is feeling better now!!
ReplyDelete