So while Tommy is feeling better, Mommy has been battling a cold and cough for the past week. I may have got it from him, but something may have been working on me for a while too and the fact that I was not getting much sleep probably did not help matters and thus, the cold won out finally. The last 3 nights have been better for all of us sleeping, so I am starting to feel better. But I thought mommies are not supposed to get sick!!!!?????!!!!
Tommy had a great week at daycare. He did his first rollover from back to front though we haven't had the chance to see it ourselves yet. And the teachers said his highlight of the week was a conversation he had with a little girl named Emmy while they were both sitting in bumbo seats on the floor, and they just started making noises and sounds back and forth at each other! We brought the flip video in the next day for them to try to catch it, but of course it did not happen! Tommy is definitely noticing and interacting with the other kids in his class - one little boy stood up holding on to the exersaucer that Tommy was in and it surprised Tommy, and he started laughing!
We also started Tommy on veggies this week! Our first food was peas, which we've had 3 nights in a row now. He seems to like them; he did not seem to notice any difference from the cereal to the peas - I gave him a little of both the first night, and then just peas the last 2 nights. Was back and forth on what to start him on, as everything you read says something different, whether it's the orange veggies or the green veggies...since I know I dislike the greens more myself, decided to start him on the greens and go from there. One more night with the peas and then maybe we'll try the green beans!
Last night Mommy and Daddy went out to a surprise birthday party for my friend Denise (except she knew about it, because her 7 year old daughter said to her, "Mom, you are going to be very surprised tonight when you go out!" Out of the mouths of babes! LOL!) So, we had to get a babysitter for Tommy - someone other than Grandma Barb or Aunt Karyn. Ms. Heather, one of Tommy's teachers at daycare, stayed with him last night while we went out. He was SOOOO excited to see her when she arrived at our house - it was the funniest thing. But he was actually very cute watching me after she took him and I was saying good bye to him - he had a smile on his face that seemed to say, "go ahead mom, I'll be fine, and happy. No need to worry!" We had a nice time out celebrating Denise's birthday, though both John and I admit we did our fair share of yawning as we were both tired!
Today we are getting dumped on with a lot of snow, at least in our part of the state. Normally it's northern NJ that gets hit the worst, but the last 3 storms have walloped central and southern NJ more. John was already out with the snowblower but it might have been a waste of time. There are drifts everywhere because the wind is so strong. My sister had about 13 inches earlier this morning and she is further south and west of us. It's hard to say what we've gotten, but it has been snowing since 10:30pm last night. I am supposed to be going out tonight (AGAIN??!!!) with a group of girlfriends from high school, but not sure if that's going to happen. Our roads have not been plowed at all yet, and our township is notorious for being slow with getting to us. Where we are going to dinner doesn't look too bad, about an hour north, but I don't know if I'll make it out to any of the main roads the way it is outside right now. The baby shower for my cousin Ellen was postponed from today until tomorrow because of the storm, so tomorrow Tommy and I will hopefully be venturing up to the northern part of the state to see the cousins - though if the roads are not cleared in our development that might hinder our plans tomorrow too.
We have Tommy's 5-month check up on Wednesday, which is his actual 5 month birthday! They'll also check him out as a follow up from the double ear infections. We are guessing he is at least 15 pounds, as the teachers at daycare indicated his diapers are a little snug and they are for "up to 15 pounds." We'll have to bring the next size diapers in on Monday. He is jumping and bouncing around in his jumparoo a lot and is reaching and grabbing for more things now. We are also hearing different noises and screams from him, so we think he's picking that up from some of the other kids at daycare, which is quite entertaining.
We'll try to update as soon as we can after his check up on Wednesday!
No comments:
Post a Comment