Sunday, March 7, 2010

Spring is in the Air - Finally!

In front of our house after our walk to the park!
Mommy & Tommy cuddling as Tails looks on - he wants to be outside with us!

Daddy & Tommy - love those shades!


Sitting like a big boy in his stroller - sunglasses on and his "Chicks Dig Me" binky!



Daddy takes Tommy on his first trip down the slide!

We had a BEAUTIFUL spring weekend here in NJ - on Saturday John, Tommy and I went for a walk to the "purple park" in our development which was packed with kids and families. John took Tommy down the slide a few times, and he was watching all the other kids running around. I am so glad we got those sunglasses as a gift for Tommy (thanks again Renee!), as he really needed them, and he must have realized it because he did not fight us when we put them on him. Tommy also sat in the stroller for the first time without the car seat! He couldn't relax at first - he was sitting up, but would not sit back! Very funny!

When we got home, we even sat outside on our steps for a little while since Tommy fell asleep and it was just so nice and warm. We even took Tails outside for a few minutes because he was complaining of cabin fever...our cats DO NOT go outside...in case you ever are at our house and they try to make you believe that they do...but every once in a while we will hold them and bring them outside for a little fresh air. We usually regret it afterwards because then they are always trying to sneak out when we are going in or out!


On Sunday Tommy did THREE rollovers from his tummy to his back...I was not even trying to get him to do them - that's how convinced I was he was going to skip the rollovers altogether. Of course, when I tried to get him to do a 4th one so I could catch him on the Flip video, it didn't happen. But those 3 were right in a row so I know he must have been exhausted! Tommy is also doing very well sitting up on his own for a few seconds at a time. He reaches for his toys but it is so amazing to see how strong he has gotten all of a sudden - my mom has been telling me that all of a sudden he will just start doing things, and he is! I can't believe he will be 6 MONTHS OLD on Wednesday! I have been very emotional thinking about it, and even said to John the other day that "I suddenly miss him being little!" Believe me, I took everyone's advice to heart about not "wishing" any time away when he was so little and young because it really did go by so fast!


Everyone in the house is just about over their colds. John is still coughing a bit and is on some medicine from the doctor. Tommy finished his antibiotics for the ear infection like a champ. He gets his school pictures on Tuesday...I have a cute outfit picked out but am thinking of sending a backup in just in case of a blowout - my luck they'll wait all day to take his photo! And what we keep in his cubby under his crib at school is probably not what I'd want his school picture taken in!
So I thought I would have some stats to update you on in this posting on Tommy's growth, but that will be next Monday...I have in my calendar that Tommy had his 6 month check-up tonight at 5:30. I left work at 4:15 and called John to say I was on my way, but then I said I thought it was odd that they never left a message for us on Friday to confirm his appointment - they ALWAYS call. So he said he'd call just to make sure. Well, he calls back to say it is NEXT Monday, 3/15. I wrote the appointment in my day planner in the doc's office last visit - I remember telling the girl I didn't need a card since I was writing it in my book - wish I'd gotten that card now! I hate being wrong, but I realize if I tried to argue it was a moot point - they didn't have us in for tonight! But I remember the girl asked for his actual birthdate and we went back and forth from the 12th to the 9th and then the 8th based on availability that week, so I am still convinced that she must have entered it on the wrong Monday. The positive is that I picked Tommy up earlier than usual, we got home earlier and we had a fun evening playing!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Suze!

    I'm so happy you found my blog and vice versa! I love when Tommy is there when I pick up or drop off Colin. He is ALWAYS so full of smiles! As soon as I say hi he gives me the biggest grin and I just love it! In fact, the other day, I asked the teachers if he is EVER unhappy!

    Thanks for voting for Colin and passing it along...we REALLY appreciate it! :)

    ReplyDelete