Sunday, March 28, 2010

Four Course Dinner

This past week I have been trying to organize Tommy's clothes - pack away the 6 month sizes and put the 9 month sizes in the closet and drawers...plus label them for daycare. I feel like I've been doing this for the last 3 weeks...well, I actually have been in all honesty, since he was kind of "in between," fitting into some 6 month stuff but then needing 9 month for others. However, I'm pretty sure there is no going back...

Today, this little boy ate like a human garbage disposal! Today he had 2 oz. of oatmeal for breakfast; for lunch he had a jar of squash and half a jar of peas; for his FOUR COURSE DINNER he started with 1/2 jar of peas, then a whole jar of carrots, then a whole jar of prunes, then 1 ounce of rice cereal!!!! Top that off with about 30 ounces of formula! First I was freaked out by how he seemed to want more after each item at dinner, but I just read an article that my mom gave me about how babies self-regulate their feeding - they know what they need. Some days, it might only be a half a jar of something, other days it might be a full jar - or more. While it did not mention anything like what we experienced tonight with Tommy's GRAND BUFFET, he was quite proud of himself as you'll see in the photos below that we took of this hysterical experience! John grilled burgers tonight that were ready right after Tommy was finished, so he stayed in his high chair at the table with us and he carried on a "conversation" with us and watched us eat - he really did pay attention as we were eating, so I'm sure he's taking notes on what to do!
I have to go to the grocery store tomorrow because the cupboard is almost bare! We only have veggies left I discovered! He took to the fruits so well that he ate more than I thought he would in a shorter period of time so as of yesterday I only had prunes left, which someone told me yesterday I won't probably give to him again unless he is backed up...but he could not get enough of them yesterday or today! I'm trying to decide what I should dress him in tomorrow in case he has a major blowout after today!!!!
Tommy and I stayed over at Grandma and Pop Pop's on Saturday, as I went out with a bunch of friends for dinner up in Bayonne and then a few drinks, and then to the diner. I got in a little before 2am. We had a lot of laughs, though I admit I was missing my little guy a little bit! Fortunately, Tommy slept until 7am for me, though sometime in the middle of the night I as awakened by what I thought was Tommy crying, though it sounded weird. He was sound asleep when I ran in the room, and then I thought it was one of the cats. Turns out it was my mom, having a nightmare! I had to wake her up and the dream involved the baby so she wanted to make sure Tommy was okay, and I said yes, I just checked on him, but then I freaked myself out and had to check again because I was second guessing myself! Fortunately we all went back to sleep and had a good chuckle about it in the morning. I did need to take a nap myself in the afternoon (after a much needed manicure/pedicure) because I was having trouble keeping my eyes open! I have to say, I never used to be able to nap very well before I got pregnant, but I definitely took plenty while I was pregnant and even now when I know a short nap would help me, I find that I can actually fall asleep pretty quickly, which was never the case before!

Tommy in his "big boy" outfit last Monday - he looked very dapper!


Sitting up proudly in his crib

Giving Mommy a hug before her "night out" with friends on Saturday. I'm not 21 anymore, that's for sure!


Giggling with Grandma on Sunday morning - I'm not sure who makes who laugh more!

Tommy after finishing his FOUR COURSE DINNER on Sunday!

Can you identify the foods on my face?

Tommy actually was using the extra spoon I gave him and seemed to be scooping and feeding himself in between me actually feeding him - not sure if he really knew what he was doing or not, but John and I thought it was very smart of him!


Daddy made Tommy look like Alfalfa - his hair is definitely getting longer! And I love how he is giving Tails "the eye!"


Tommy reaching for Tails...or maybe my newly manicured nails?

2 comments:

  1. Hi Suze!!

    I had actually tried to comment last week on your last post, but my computer was acting funny and I couldn't get it to go through...so I will repeat some of what I tried to say. First, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Loved the birthday post :) Second, Tommy had some GREAT outfits last week! He was such a cutie!! One of the days that I dropped Colin off, Tommy was on the floor on the mat so I put Colin over next to him. They were so cute "chatting". It made me giggle to see them sitting there together. Just when I was about to take a picture, Tommy was getting hungry so I will have to take one another time. If I get one, would you be ok if I put it up of the 2 of them on our blog? I also loved this post! You can tell he definitely is enjoying to eat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is TOO funny! You can tell Tommy is so so proud of himself! Im so glad you had a fun night out with friends...you deserve it and probably NEEDED it! :)

    ReplyDelete