Monday, June 7, 2010

Belated Holiday Weekend Recap

I had a busy week last week at work and then I came down with something on Thursday that just sapped most of my energy, so I never did post after Memorial Day weekend. Tonight is the first night I finally feel on the road to normal again. I am not sure if it was allergies or a cold or perhaps a combination of both that just happened to hit at the same time, but Tommy got any energy that I had the past few days and that was about it. He had a few "bad" nights (for him - I honestly can't complain that much, but we have gotten spoiled up to this point), so that did not help me get as much rest as Iwould have liked.

My mom came down for the holiday weekend and spent the whole day with Tommy on Saturday as John had to work and I went in to NYC to see GLEE with my friend Denise. We both love the TV show and got tickets to see the cast perform at Radio City Music Hall. We had a great time, and a nice dinner with some friends who also went to the show. Tommy was very good for Grandma, even taking a THREE hour nap. Last time I think he did that for me he was about 6 weeks old!

Sunday my mom, Tommy and I went to my friend Denise's house for a BBQ and Tommy got to go in the pool for the first time. He HATED it! He was a bit overtired as he had not napped very well, but he cried the entire time! The water was heated, so I don't think it was too cold, but we got changed pretty quickly after that. Hope this is not indicative of what the rest of the summer will be like!

Monday we tried to get Tommy back on his schedule to nap and took him for a ride in the car as he was fighting the naps for some reason. He took a nice 1.5 hour nap while we drove around and my mom and I ate at the Circus Drive-in restaurant in the car! We drove along the beach for a bit too, as it was a beautiful day. This is the first Memorial Day weekend in many years that I did not actually go on the beach when there was beautiful weather...how things have changed!

After my mom left to try to beat the traffic back north, Tommy and I went to the grocery store. I put him in the cart with the boppy cover and he LOVED it! He flirted with all the women who cooed over him throughout the store. He had a grand time. Did I mention it took me about 10 minutes to figure out how the thing actually fit into the cart and how the straps from the cart went in to the boppy to hold him in?



Tommy getting cleaned up for Memorial Day Weekend! Loves the bath, but not the pool!


We took the bumpers out of Tommy's crib over the holiday weekend...how cute are these feet?

Foot hanging out of the crib - since we took the bumpers out he doesn't seem to be sleeping as soundly...starting to wonder if there is something to that?



No comments:

Post a Comment