Monday, April 11, 2011

Room in the Tub for a Boy?

I've shared pics of the toystore that threw up in our living room...how about the one that threw up in the bathtub?


They're mine.  ALL MINE.

I joke with Tommy on bath nights that there isn't going to be any room left for him in the tub, but he just giggles and asks for more toys.  All of the toys are stored in a mesh bag in the corner of the tub, and I keep meaning to buy another one for the other side because this one is at capacity and then some. 

Tommy loves balls, so there are the obligatory basketballs in the mix along with a hoop...he loves to cheer Mommy on when she makes a basket.  And those alphabet letters and numbers?  He's already able to identify several of the letters.  I'll ask him to find the X and K...and he finds them.  Once he seems to have mastered a letter, I try to get him to focus on a new one.  I make up silly songs with the letters which makes it more fun. 

And as for the actual cleaning during bath time?  Tommy is very cooperative, though, like many kids, hates when I wash his face and fights me on it.  Loves when I pour water over his head.  And the best part for Mommy?  This child helps clean up his toys and put them back in the mesh bag.  Definintely likes to put things back in their place...not a trait inherited from Daddy...but I also don't know how long this will last!

Separate follow up note to the Bart Simpson look alike we had living with us for a few days as a result of Tommy's bad day last week...the pics don't really due it justice, but here are the two best ones of the fat lip:


You should see the other guy...


 Tommy recovered pretty quickly and was back to his crazy normal self in no time.  We're glad Bart Simpson has left the family!

No comments:

Post a Comment