We kicked off Tommy's birthday weekend with the Grandparents' Day Celebration at daycare. Here are some pictures of Tommy, Meema, and Oma working on their projects, with help from Miss Heather.
 |
| Meema gets her hand painted for the first part of the project |
 |
| Tommy chows down on chocolate chip cookies while observing Miss Heather |
 |
| Oma wonders if this stuf comes off? |
 |
| Remember the kid who had to use a brush to fingerpaint? He's come a long way! |
 |
| Tommy does his part on the projects |
After the art projects, we celebrated Tommy's birthday with his classmates. While they had cookies and drinks for the grandparents' day party, I brought in cupcakes which I actually baked myself! And they tasted great! Thanks to Betty Crocker for making it as idiot proof as possible for me! When we sang Happy Birthday to Tommy, he got all shy and put his hands in front of his eyes...it was so funny and cute!
 |
| The Cheerful Cherries presented Tommy with a birthday card from the whole class |
 |
| Tommy and his best bud, Colin, hanging out. |
 |
| Tommy and Miss Heather |
 |
| Tommy and Miss Krissy |
 |
| Colin did NOT want Tommy to leave him alone at the end of the day...I really think they are each other's wing men! |
I had to share a link to Tommy's buddy Colin's blog...his mom Kelli wrote a great post about what she witnessed between Colin and Tommy when she picked Colin up at daycare yesterday, and reading it, I got all teary myself like Kelli did! Go
here to see what Kelli wrote about. I'm sure you'll be just as touched as I was!
Thanks for sharing the link to Kelli's blog...My cousin has a 7 year old with DS and I know how much the simple things, like another child's kindness can mean to the parents. Kuddos to you for raising such a sweet little Boy AND for making cupcakes :)
ReplyDeleteP.S. There is a link to a blog on my page...a blog I follow called Enjoying the Small Things by Kelle Hampton. She is a pretty popular blogger and one of her most famous blogs describes in detail the birth of her daughter with DS the way she describes her raw emotions will have you in tears. But she is a wonderful advocate and fantastic photographer!
ReplyDeleteHow sweet! I loved her post! It made me cry. I'm so glad they have each other. Also, so glad the grandmas got to be there for Tommy's school. I remember that last year...too cute! xoxo
ReplyDelete