Thursday, December 1, 2011

Thankful (One Week Late)

One week ago today we were in Chicago, spending Thanksgiving with the Beurskens side of the family. My sister-in-law Maria and her husband Craig hosted dinner for 13 people, and everything was delicious! We had turkey AND a honey roasted ham, which was really good! My favorite is always the mashed potatoes, which John's Aunt Cindy made - and I have to give them a thumbs up. It was great to spend the weekend with John's family, since we don't get to see them very often.

Tommy had a blast with Bella the dog, though she was not really sold on him or his antics! But she did let him pet her and kiss her...we were constantly saying , "Gentle!"

Tommy had fun playing with Julia and Ethan, as well as Oma, and he LOVED the Matchbox truck that Aunty Cindy and Uncle John brought for him. Cousin Stu and his girlfriend Sara came over as well and were pretty impressed with our energizer turkey bunny!


Tommy ready to pounce on the puppy!

Tommy and Bella sort of hugging it out with Julia's assistance

We bought these blocks to keep at Maria's...might need to ask Santa for some for NJ!

Our little architect

He's an architect who also likes to knock down his masterpieces!

Tommy fell asleep for his nap with his hands in the goldfish cookies, and Orange Guy rubbing his head

Aunt Cindy and Oma

Uncle John and John

The pack of balloons that John said we had to buy were a HUGE hit and provide hours of entertainment!

The entire Motley Crew that celebrated Thanksgiving 2011 together

I'm thankful we got to have a nice visit with family we don't get to see as often as we would like.  I'm thankful for all the love and support from all of our family and friends throughout the year, and that Tommy is keeping John and I young with all the energy he has.  We especially missed John's Dad - Tommy's Opa this year, his first Thanksgiving in Heaven.  But we know he's watching over us every day.  Tommy is REALLY attached to his Orange Guy...he made the trip to Chicago with us.  The fact that he's ORANGE, which was Opa's favorite color (for Holland and Illinois), makes me think that Opa has something to do with Tommy's attachment to Orange Guy.  I'm thankful that Tommy got to meet his Opa and spend some time with him too, and knows who he is when we show him pictures.  He loves to listen to Opa read to him through the Hallmark recordable book that we have.  Although Opa is no longer with us in person, I know he's with us in spirit watching over all of us, so if he can't be with us, I'm thankful to have him watching over us.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE your new background and picture of Tommy! Your post was so nice...thank GOD Tommy got to meet his Opa and we have lots of video and pictures of them. xoxo

    ReplyDelete