Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Scavenger Tails

While I know not everyone is an animal person or perhaps a cat person, I had to share this video of Tails getting his first leftovers from Tommy at the dinner table one night last week. Tommy was done with dinner and munching on an Arrowroot cookie in his high chair while I started clean up, even though the kitchen table certainly does not look like I did. Believe me, we have a spray bottle that we use on the cats when they go on the table (and it's really just Tails who is guilty, not Tux), but honestly, how could I not get a video of this?

Speaking of food, I've tried to sneak in some Stage 3 foods with Tommy but other than the pears, he hasn't been very happy with Mommy's plan. The broccoli and carrots? I can't say I blame him for his reaction because the smell alone nearly kicked in my gag reflex. His went into overdrive as soon as I put the spoon in his mouth. Lasagna and meat sauce? Not a fan. Tonight we tried chicken noodle dinner. He did a little better with it because I was careful not to give him too much at one time and with as little "chunks" as possible, and I also hid it a few times underneath the stage 2 garden veggies as well as some baby yogurt. We've also tried the Gerber puffs and some Cheerios, but Tommy has no interest in them at this point. The biter biscuits and Arrowroot cookies are acceptable though.

He didn't really eat much for dinner tonight. He also refused his sweet potatoes at lunch today after 4 bites - and that's his favorite. And last night - he had maybe 5 bites when John fed him before going into a painful cry - John actually came in the bathroom with him while I was still in the shower after I got home from the gym because he was so puzzled. My guess is that his teeth are bothering him and he doesn't want solids. He drank most of his bottles yesterday and today, so I know he is not starving. He did sleep through the night last night, which I was quite thankful for. For the past week, he had been waking up anytime between 3 and 5am very upset, like he was in pain or had a bad dream. Sometimes he just needed the binky and once or twice I needed to rock him for a few minutes, but he did manage to settle down pretty quickly each night. We know we are lucky (right now!) compared to a lot of people who have told us scary stories of being up all night with their kids. Tommy has also been waking up a little earlier in the morning and because I've been a night owl recently when I have no business being one, I've hit my snooze one time too many and my mornings were totally thrown off as a result. So I'm going to try to get one other post of another video of Tommy up for your viewing pleasure and then going to bed. I did the 20 minute Zumba workout tonight right after Tommy went to sleep and before eating my dinner, and I think that's going to help the sleep situation for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment