Monday, August 16, 2010

Ten Steps

Lots to report on the walking progress!

Tommy took TEN steps on Saturday morning to me without holding on! I was sitting at the computer, and he was playing at the foot of the bed on the floor with a bunch of stuffed animals. He stood up and held on to the bed and came around to the side of the bed where the desk is. I turned to him, held my hands out, and he let go. I counted the ten steps as he walked and he then dove into my arms. We celebrated with lots of hoots and hollars! Tommy was so proud of himself, as was I!


An unsuspecting "Tails" in the kitchen with Tommy

Someone looks like they might have had one too many bottles, eh?

We have not been able to capture Tommy walking on the FlipCam yet, and a photo of course does not do it justice. But he does this thing where he sort of catapults himself/jumps up from a sitting position in the middle of the floor into a standing position. He doesn't know what to do next so he usually plops back down on the floor - it's so cute and funny!

On Saturday, Tommy was a huge help while out shopping with Mommy. He picked out four new tops for me at Loft and 2 pairs of shoes at Bass for a steal. (I had not shopped for myself in a while, so it was fun!) We even hit up the Carter's outlet store for some new pajamas for Tommy because the 9 month ones were getting a little snug. He is mostly wearing 12 months now, but just like you probably have a few different sizes in your closet, so, apparently, can babies. We found a bunch of stuff on sale, plus I remembered my coupon, so we got a good deal on pajamas. And this time they were big boy pajamas that came with 3 pieces - a shirt, shorts and long pants, for when it gets cooler. We also hit up the grocery store for a few things and before I could get out of the parking lot the little guy was tuckered out! We were only 10 minutes from home, but I ended up driving around for 45 minutes so Tommy could get a much needed nap. He would have woken up and NOT gone back to sleep if I attempted to get him out of the car seat at the house too soon.

On Sunday, we went to our neighbors' annual BBQ. They have a huge yard and pool, but it was a little too chilly to go in the water - not that Tommy wanted to of course. He enjoyed watching the other kids jumping in, but the minute I took him near the pool, he tensed up and wrapped himself around me really tight! Last year was the first time we were able to attend the BBQ, and it's where we met many of the neighbors for the first time besides the "drive-by wave." It was kind of funny because most of them did not know I was pregnant until that point since they only saw me from the neck up driving up and down the street and waving! Everyone had fun passing Tommy around and making him laugh. We got so many comments on his amazing blue eyes and how happy he was. We feel very fortunate to live in such a family-oriented neighborhood with lots of kids on the block. Tommy and I played with the beach ball at the BBQ:


Mommy was teaching Tommy the proper way to head the ball, so he is ready when it's time to play soccer!


He had a smile on his face each time...and yes, he was eating a wagon wheel at the time - multi-tasker!

More torture from Mommy!

A quick update on the sleep progress, Tommy did sleep in his crib 3 out of the last 4 nights the entire night! I have tried to thicken my skin a little to let him cry it out for about 10 minutes before going in to him. He has been able to self soothe himself a lot of the time, though when he's got the pathetic, painful scream going on, I go in a little sooner to console him. We are all making some progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment