Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Tommy WALKS!

Hopefully this works - it's giving me an error message when I test it, which happens a lot with blogger when I upload videos, but then eventually it does work. No idea why this happens, so I'll keep checking back to make sure it eventually is working. if anyone knows why this happens, or if there is some trick I'm missing, let me know. This is from our FlipCam.




Yes, my little Tommy, that 11 1/2 month old son of mine is WALKING! John and I have been obsessed with counting his steps. I don't know if we were thinking that if he hits a certain number then he's done crawling, but I finally quit counting today when the teachers at daycare told me he walked clear across the room. John was still counting tonight and got up to 35.

The teachers told me that Tommy hardly crawled at all today. He is pretty stable too, occasionally a bit wobbly, and at one point in the video he ends up on one foot and somehow keeps his balance. You can also hear him say "dat" for "cat" a few times, and he points to them several times as well. Tommy is very fast - I think he already figured out it's easier if he goes faster as it makes it harder to fall the faster he is going...Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Sue, How exciting !! CONGRATULATIONS!! Reminded me of MalĂș taking her first steps. I watched the video a couple of times. It's soooo cute. Just a few short moments until he starts running. They've got it figured out very fast. Enjoy. Love, Astrid xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay Tommy! How exciting! High-5 from Colin :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe how good he does - you forget how fast they go from standing/crawling to walking/running. Love how he looks a bit like Charlie Chaplin when he is walking. The real fun begins now.

    ReplyDelete