Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Our Funny Valentine

Happy Belated Valentine's Day - John and I are recovering from colds, and Tommy is recovering from a double ear infection, so I've been lax about the blog. Sunday afternoon John and I both felt so awful, we locked all three of us in the baby jail (aka living room) and while Tommy played, John and I took naps, him on the couch, me on the floor. Apparently I just needed a 20 minute catnap, and that's all that Tommy needed to cover me in stuffed animals and balls and the rest of the floor with all of his other toys. John was safe on the couch, snoring away for a bit longer til Tommy got bored and decided to wake him up.


Tommy had 10 days of antibiotics for the double ear infection which ended on Sunday. John brought him in for a recheck on Monday and one ear is totally cleared up and the other was 75% cleared. When I brought him for a re-check with Dr. Nito after a week of him being on the nebulizer for wheezing and coughing, that's when the infection was discovered. He's also developed a rash on his back, and a little on his stomach, which Dr. Nito said was exczema. We have been lucky up to this point that Tommy has not had any skin issues, which I know a lot of babies and kids do. He even had minimal cradle cap as a newborn. I thought maybe the rash was from the antibiotics, but then thought maybe the bubble bath I bought as I thought he'd have fun playing with the bubbles in the bathtub - which I started using right around the same time we started the antibiotics. So I've stopped using the bubbles to see if that helps, but we are using Aquafor on him for now, as well as Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream. I actually used both last night and this morning his back definitely seemed to look better.



Our Valentine's weekend was pretty quiet. John had to work both Saturday and Sunday, and I had a game to work Saturday night, so I brought Tommy up to my parents' house to spend time with Grandma and Pop-Pop, and we had a sleepover up there. Tommy had fun playing with his cousins Emily and Fin while we were there. Sunday night we ordered pizza at home, and Tommy ate an entire slice - after he had already had his dinner of ravioli! So glad he likes Mommy's favorite meal!


Our funny Valentine eating a frozen waffle...yes, it's still frozen, not thawed or anything. He did this with a French Toast stick the next day.



Helping Mommy write out his Valentines for his friends and teachers at school

Trying to give Tails some love - this was the first time we witnessed Tommy successfully getting a grip on Tails, which Tails quickly slithered out of!


Proof that Tails actually does like and trust Tommy - he rolled onto his back and exposed his belly to him...though he made sure he was just out of Tommy's reach!


My 4 Valentines (John, Tommy, Tux and Tails) did send me flowers on Friday of last week, so I got to enjoy them over the weekend while at work and they still look great on my desk at work. I am one lucky girl to have 4 cute guys who love me so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment