Sunday, May 22, 2011

Growing and Building

The Tomster and I headed north this weekend to spend Friday night at Grandma and Pop-Pop's house, so mommy could get a much needed color and trim, and then we went with Grandma to a bridal shower.  Once again, Tommy was surrounded by women...starting to worry about what he's going to expect as he gets older!

While he had me chasing him all over the place at the shower, I once again got more compliments on how well behaved he was...yes, he's a rambunctious little boy, but a HAPPY one. 

Sitting next to Frazier the cat who you can barely see on the white blanket

Hanging with cousin "Em" on Grandma's stepstool, eating his new favorite snack, Gerber Graduates Yogurt Melts

At the bridal shower, doing what Mommy was wishing she could after chasing Tommy everywhere!

Photo of the 3 brothers all together.  Sorry, it ain't getting much better than this!

Tommy is a big fan of his teethers again, thanks to the bottom molars and upper eyeteeth

Building a tower

Admiring his handiwork

Debating his next move...

Like there was any question?

My little celebrity's attempt to throw off the paparazzi...he refused to take the sunglasses off in the grocery store...and yes, folks did notice, so apparently he was smart to wear the disguise.
Here's a video taken on Sunday of Tommy building a tower...you can even hear him say his infamous "Oh No!" in this video that I'd been trying to capture.  I actually caught it a few times today on video, but since it's on this one, I'm not going to bore you with tons of boring videos.  I just love watching Tommy take his time building, and think it's funny how he uses 2 hands to place the bee on the tower.  We also had a ton of fun building towers with his giant Legos  too.  When Daddy got home from work, Tommy brought him in the room to see the tower - he was so proud of his work he had to show Daddy!

We took a make-up swim class on Sunday morning since we had to miss Saturday.  The kids are a little bit older in the class we attended, but that was no problem for Tommy.  I think it was good for him because he saw them doing things like jumping in the pool from a STANDING position, and he did it!  He also slid into the pool from a sitting position just like the other kids.  And he put his face in the water to blow bubbles for longer than John or I ever have seen him do. 

Our Tomster has grown so much...I'm so amazed by him every day.  I was cleaning out and organizing the cabinets with Tommy's cups, bowls, etc. on Sunday, and came across the main binky Tommy used when he needed one.  I thought I'd gotten rid of all of them months ago since he stopped using them before he was a year old, but this one was still in there.  I couldn't bring myself to throw it out though - it was like the last piece of  "baby" in a way.  Tommy was in the kitchen with me, so I gave it to him and he just looked at it, and then at me.  So I asked him if he'd put it in the garbage.  Well, he didn't have to be asked twice, nor did he even seem to know what the thing was for.  He just walked on over and threw it away.  Of course I got all weepy and my 20 1/2 month old son gave me hugs and kisses to console me, though he had no clue what was wrong with his Mommy.  Just another way he's growing every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment