I'm a week late with the obligatory Easter post, as I am still having problems uploading pictures directly from the camera to our home computer. I had to upload them at work, save to a flash drive, and then load from that to the home computer. But I also had a really busy week at work, so even though the camera came to work with me every day this week, I think it was Wednesday or Thursday that I finally uploaded the pics. And with this 30 Day Shred workout I'm doing, well, I am working out every night. And while it's only 20 minutes, well, I'm wiped out after the workout.
We colored eggs on Saturday morning - only did 7 of them because Mommy forgot about the eggs when she was boiling them on Friday and we lost a few. Disclaimer - I've never claimed to be able to cook, and that includes making hard boiled eggs to color for Easter! I even had to look up how to make a hard boiled egg to make sure I knew what I was doing because I generally don't make eggs. In fact, I only recently started eating eggs in the last few years. I know, I'm living under a rock. However, Tommy enjoyed putting the eggs in the special "no spill cups" kit that I bought. He had fun naming the colors when asked or pointing them out if we said the color.
Sunday we went to church in the morning, which was mobbed of course (and it was back to normal today), and the cry room was so crowded and hot we had to keep the door open to try to cool it down. It ended up being a warmer day outside than expected too - absolutely beautiful. Sadly, I never got a good posed photo of Tommy in his cute little Easter outfit.
John had to work at the golf club since they had several hundred people there for the Easter Brunch. My parents came down and my sister and her family came over and we went up to the club for brunch so John could join us. Tommy fell asleep in the car on the way up, and stayed that way for a full hour, so Mommy got to enjoy several helpings of food without interruption. They had a ton of activities for kids, including a petting zoo, pony rides, facepainting, tattoos, balloon animals, and caricatures. My niece Alexis enjoyed many of them with Tommy.
Here's PHOTO OVERLOAD from our Easter weekend to make up for the lateness of this post:
 |
| Egg drop by Tommy |
 |
| Reading the instructions on the box for Mommy |
 |
| Our final products |
 |
| Obsessing over the dye that Mommy could not get off Tommy's fingers |
 |
| Standoff between Tommy and Tails as to who found this egg first |
 |
| Getting ready to throw the egg...remember...anything roundish is a ball to Tommy! |
 |
| Fake out...he didn't throw the egg |
 |
| Checking out the goodies from the Easter Bunny |
 |
| Trying out his new razor from the Easter Bunny |
 |
| Teasing Tuxedo |
 |
| Continuing to make Tux nervous while looking dapper in his Easter outfit |
 |
| It was a little warm at church, so the onesie came off at home...and getting the shirts back on...quite a task |
 |
| Napping at brunch |
 |
| Getting a caricature done with cousin Lexi |
 |
| Examining the loot from the Easter Bunny |
 |
| Giving the Easter Bunny his version of a hug...the "lean in" |
 |
| Crazy hair on the Tomster, but willingly went to the Easter Bunny |
 |
| Looks like he wants down, but he was really fine with the Easter Bunny |
 |
| High-fiving the Easter bunny |
 |
| Tommy LOVED the animals at the petting zoo |
 |
| Pointing to the goat when we asked him where it was |
 |
| Tommy let us know that this was the "baaaaa" |
 |
| Checking out the duckies |
 |
| Pony ride that Mommy needed her running sneakers on for |
 |
| Little too close to the donkey's you know what...about 30 seconds later, it pooped! |
 |
| Can't get enough of the baaaaa |
 |
| Real live Easter Bunny |
As I mentioned, it was a busy week since Easter for me at work. Tommy seems to be having a tough time with his teeth again, waking a few times this past week. He's not that cooperative letting me see his teeth, but while he was goofing off in church today hanging upside down on my lap, I thought I could see something going on with his eyeteeth up top. One molar on each side has come through, and from what I have read, the eyeteeth would be next. He's gotten all of his teeth later than just about any reference I've read on approximate timelines. Eyeteeth usually come in around 16 months, and he's approaching the 20 month mark. Seems about right based on when his first tooth actually popped through though!
Yesterday both John and I had to work, so Tommy got to hang out with my friend Denise and her family. He had a blast, as they went up to the Point Pleasant boardwalk and Caroline took him on a few rides. Caroline is 8 1/2, and Tommy is infatuated with her it seems. We were at their house last Saturday and Tommy stopped what he was doing and just followed Caroline when she came in the room...so funny! Caroline went on a ride by herself and they told me that Tommy cried because she left him. So Caroline was a good sport and humored my sweet little boy and took him on several of the rides:
 |
| Looking pretty relaxed on the airplane...he apparently cried when the ride was over |
 |
| Tommy's driving this boat! |
 |
| Off to put out a fire |
 |
| Trying to win some candy |
It's a good thing I purchased some ride tickets at the 2 for 1 special last weekend! I had a lot left over from last summer because Tommy was too little for most of the rides, so I debated about ordering more. But since they never expire, and I can always use them with my niece when she visits, it's a great deal! I'm so excited my little guy enjoys the rides - just like his Mommy! How old does he have to be to go on a roller coaster?
Today was a bit of a rough day for the Tomster - a rare one, but we do have them. I'm sure a lot of it had to do with me waking him up from his nap as we were going out to the mall with Denise, but his teeth are definitely bugging him. He's hardly eating and his #2's are a bit "muddy." And he constanly wants his teethers from the freezer. Overall he was pretty good at the mall, never screaming his head off, but anytime we went to enter another store, he'd start the whining - like a typical man! (Mind you, Mommy is not the best shopper either, so he's just like me in a way on this too!) He konked out briefly in the car, but turned his sunglasses upside down after we had put them on the right way for him...check this out:
 |
| Upside down glasses = protesting shopping |
When we got home, we hung out and read some books, but dinner was a disaster. Tommy threw his food several times, and I ended up putting him in the "naughty room" 3 times! The naughty room is our downstairs bathroom, which I realize is probably not the best thing if we're going to be using it to potty train eventually, but it's the only place that works for me to contain him for a short time. We've tried a few different naughty corners, but he just thinks it's a game when we do that. The bathroom definitely upsets him because there is no game to be played. He's in there by himself, with me outside the door and the door open slightly but my foot blocks it so he can't get out, though he actually hasn't tried to get out. He got very upset each time, and did give me a hug and a kiss to say he was sorry. I explained to him before he went in the room why he was going in there and that we don't throw food, but I have no idea if he gets it. I'm assuming it will take several times of the same thing happening. I do feel that his teeth have a lot to do with his behaviors lately. We've had a bit more hitting going on with him, and we immediately remind him that we don't hit, but we are nice and gentle. He immediately rubs you where he hit you and says "nice nice" to make it better.
Hoping these teeth come in quickly this time...they seem to take forever, and he's just not himself. Here's hoping to a better week for my sweetie pie!
No comments:
Post a Comment