I have been insanely busy at work the past week. I've been taking Friday's off since mid May to use some carry over vacation days, which has allowed me to get some stuff done around the house. I actually planned to go to the beach as many Fridays as I could, but I've gotten there ONE Friday thanks to bad weather, or one or two weeks of other plans. So while that makes for a 4-day workweek to fit things in, I'm much busier than usual this time of year at work. Some stuff I am working on had been on hold, waiting for answers from others, and other stuff is suddenly needed sooner.
I feel like this craziness has carried over at home a bit...trying to fit so much into so little time - and things that came up that threw us off; our fridge was on the fritz (thankfully John figured out the problem!), the new filing cabinet we needed was too small so our stuff is all over the spare bedroom.
Before the craziness started, we did take Tommy to go on the rides at the Point Pleasant boardwalk last Tuesday evening. We had a lot of fun, and when the craziness of the week got to me (several times), I would sneak some peaks at these photos, reminding me to enjoy these moments, and use them throughout each day when things would get a little crazy.
 |
| First solo ride on the fire truck! |
 |
| Going round and round |
 |
| Most Eligible Bachelor |
 |
| Merry go-round with Daddy...refused to sit on a horse! |
 |
| Told Daddy he would sit on the horse with Mommy so we went on again... |
 |
| ...and you can see that didn't happen! |
 |
| Tommy was REALLY excited to go on this ride |
 |
| Mommy not so much.... |
 |
| I do not like spinning rides, though I'll take a roller coaster any day. |
 |
| Notice my almost choke hold on Tommy? He laughed and "whoaed" the entire ride |
 |
| Telling John that Tommy wants to go on again, and he's up |
 |
| Daddy took Tommy on the train instead |
 |
| Choo Choo! |
 |
| Whoo-Hoo! |
 |
| Odd photo...looks like someone photo shopped Tommy's head, but this is the original picture! |
We also took a walk on the beach together, so I'm pleased to say that Tommy is officially a "liker" of the sand. Stay tuned for a post in the next few days (well, depending on the rest of my week!) to help us decide if he might be on his way to official beach bum status.
I cannot believe how old he looks. I am sorry you have so much going on...you need a second to breath-or a couple weeks it sounds like! You are NOT alone-we are nuts over here too. xoxo
ReplyDelete