Last summer was a bust. Took him on the beach one day just before he was 10 months old while we were vacationing in the Outer Banks. He hated it.
This year, I tried to ease into it, bringing him up to the beach for walks on the boardwalk, then venturing out a little on the sand, though those ventures did not go very well either. He didn't like the feel of the sand on his fingers or toes. He's a bit of a diva like that...found out that when they finger paint in school, they give him a paintbrush because he doesn't like to get the paint on his hands. Oh boy.
My mom and I took a drive along the ocean with Tommy the other day, and Tommy could see the beach. He kept yelling and pointing towards it. It got to the point where he was crying, he wanted to go on the beach so badly. We were driving through Belmar at that point, which was jammed, even after 6pm, since it was a holiday weekend. And I really wanted to get past the area where all the Jersey Shore wannabes were waiting to go into D'Jai's for some alcoholic beverages.
So, we arrive in Spring Lake, get a spot right on the boardwalk, and proceed to the beach. Easy peasy, right? Check it out.
| Eww...not sure I like the feel on my hands or feet. |
| Not understanding that his feet will continue to have sand on them for days, even after rubbing it off and taking a bath. |
| Begging for Mommy or Grandma to come and pick him up |
| Okay, maybe this isn't that bad...I can jump in it and it doesn't hurt. |
| Off and running after the seagulls...there was no stopping him. |
Be careful what you wish for. I'm pretty sure he will never sit on the blanket and play quietly when I take him to the beach for the day. Thus, I will not be venturing to the beach without at least one other person to help tag team my little beach bum, who finds it funny to have sand between his toes now.
Okay.. first off, I am hysterically laughing at the mere fact that Tommy gets a paintbrush during Finger Painting Time at school! That's just so awesome on all accounts. I'm so glad he's finally come around and discovered just how much fun being a Beach Bum could be! That picture of him running around in the sand is just precious! I can't believe how grown-up he's looking! So adorable!!
ReplyDelete