This year, Tommy is a duck! He picked the costume out himself at Costco several weeks ago - they were from Carter's, so they are easy on and off. And he's had a fascination with ducks - be it the rubber duckies in the bathtub, or a few of the stuffed animal ducks. We also have several books about ducks on his shelves - his favorite being "Little Duck." I am not the most creative person, so I was struggling to come up with something for us to do to go along with the duck costume. Tommy actually did find something that would have worked - Ernie and Bert from Sesame Street - he was pointing and jibjabbering when we came across the Sesame Street section of costumes! I totally forgot that Ernie always had a rubber ducky with him and sang that song in the bathtub - though in all the months I've been watching Sesame Street with Tommy, I don't know that I've ever seen or heard it on the "new" Sesame Street. That show has changed from what I remember from my day! But we didn't want to spend that much on costumes that we'd only be wearing one time. So John ended up getting a mask, complete with a hat and cigar, that apparently looks exactly like the guy who is the starter at the golf club. John got the guy's name badge from the pro shop and walked around as "Mike the starter." It was a huge hit amongst the members...though I never heard what Mike thought - or if he even knew!
Several folks suggested that I be a duck hunter...I decided not to do that...felt a bit wrong to walk around with a gun to hunt my son!! So I wore a Halloween shirt...maybe next year I'll work on something in advance!
And this one!
Alexis said they had enough pumpkins at their house, so we ended up with THREE pumpkins from the party somehow...which I have no desire to carve. They are now sitting with the ONE pumpkin we bought a few weeks ago out on our front steps. At least I decorated for Halloween/autumn this year. Last year I was too overwhelmed being home with a newborn that I never bought mums, didn't buy a pumpkin, didn't have a scarecrow...this year, I'm happy to say we look like a nice friendly house for kids to come trick or treating at!
Tommy enjoyed meeting the ponies!
Duck on a pony!
I think I belong IN the cage with the other animals...
Little Duck was so gentle with all the animals in the petting zoo...

Until he saw these Mama Ducks and got very excited and they made a run for it!
Someone HAD to be center stage with Daddy!
Tommy had a great time, and it is so much fun to watch him waddle around in his costume! This is the same costume that whenever I opened his closet to get something out, he would make a run to the closet to pull the costume out and snuggle with it - he loves it that much! Friday he will wear it for the parade at daycare, and then again on Sunday for Halloween. We plan on going to Spring Lake to trick or treat with some friends at the stores - I've never been to it, but it's supposed to be a lot of fun. And then we'll take him up and down our block to knock on the neighbors' doors...which means Mommy and Daddy will end up with a lot of loot to eat!
Until he saw these Mama Ducks and got very excited and they made a run for it!
Tommy had a great time, and it is so much fun to watch him waddle around in his costume! This is the same costume that whenever I opened his closet to get something out, he would make a run to the closet to pull the costume out and snuggle with it - he loves it that much! Friday he will wear it for the parade at daycare, and then again on Sunday for Halloween. We plan on going to Spring Lake to trick or treat with some friends at the stores - I've never been to it, but it's supposed to be a lot of fun. And then we'll take him up and down our block to knock on the neighbors' doors...which means Mommy and Daddy will end up with a lot of loot to eat!
Cora is going to be a duck too! hahaha! I think I unintentionally copied off you guys...I forgot that was what Tommy was going to be. I found one on diapers.com for 15 bucks! TOMMY is one CUTE DUCK!!!
ReplyDeleteI would love to see him waddle - I can't believe I'm going to miss it - he'll have to model another day when I come down! Love the pictures
ReplyDelete