Not for Tommy, but for me...(and sorry, no pics...I hate feet!)
I had heard several people tell stories over the years how their feet grew after having a baby, several babies...and others who said it didn't happen to them. Well, I am officially in the camp of my feet GROWING since having a baby.
Why it took me 13 months to realize it, I'm not sure...I was a 7 for the longest time, and now it appears I am a 7.5. And I know for a fact that some of the shoes that don't fit me so well the past two weeks were worn earlier in 2010 when I went back to work. Is there a delayed reaction for this foot growth?
So, it appears I'm going to have to go on a shoe shopping spree. I'm collecting coupons from Famous Footwear, DSW, MJM Warehouse...most girls would love this opportunity. Me? I'm not the best shopper - mainly just can't be bothered. Have to be really in the mood. I'm dangerous when I'm in the mood. Plus, I have some boots and shoes that I'm really disappointed that I won't be able to wear - they've served me well to this point. Sigh.
In spite of the sore feet, I am back at the gym after about a 2 month layoff due to classes shutting down for a few weeks on campus to prep the facilities before school starting, my crazy work schedule with football season and prepping for basketball season, and John being out of town for that week in Vegas. I may have walked at lunchtime 2 or 3 times, but I missed my spinning class! I am trying to get in 2 nights a week, right now it's Monday spin class and Tuesday Total Body Torture. The girl teaching TBT is pregnant, so when I went to class last week thinking I'll "take it easy" since it was only my second day back, I had to adjust that plan! I picked up an extra set of heavier weights to push myself a little bit (but kept the lighter ones just in case I needed them). And I did all the squats on the BOSU - sometimes I would step off near the end and finish on the floor because I was so off balance. I'd guess this girl is around 6-7 months along, so if she could do it, so could I. I felt great after class, and even the next day. By Thursday, I was in agony. My butt hurt from the spin bike (and yes, I do use a cushioned seat that I bring), and everything else hurt from not having done anything for 2 months! But it was a good hurt, and I was back on the spin bike last night and plan on Total Body Torture tonight.
We had a family picture taken on Friday night at church for the church directory. We get a free picture out of it too. Tommy was great - and we got to see the pics right away and pick the one we wanted. They also took some of Tommy by himself and a few of me with Tommy (none with Daddy, which was weird now that I'm thinking about it). I liked the ones of Tommy alone, but since we just had his pictures done last month for his birthday, we passed on them. These did come out better than his school picture, which were taken last week. It wasn't bad, just not as cute as his birthday pics. And the ones of me with him - ugh. Can you say WONK eye? One of my eyes is bigger than the other, and I think when I'm tired it's really obvious in pictures - it looks like one is open and the other half shut. I pointed it out immediately so the saleslady did not even TRY to sell us on that one!
Tommy is doing great - not much to report other than his top tooth on the left is very visible now when he smiles - I'll try to get a photo, and those teeth are still really bothering him. He may be going through a growth spurt, as he ate so much food yesterday! I think it was the first time that he came home from daycare with every single food container I'd sent in that day. He is up to 2 french toast sticks for breakfast many mornings. He has been waking a few times around 10/11pm because of his teeth, and then is waking up anytime between 5 and 5:30am. I bring him in our room an he goes back til about 6:15am usually. Tommy and I stayed at Grandma and Pop Pop's Friday and Saturday night since I had to work a football game on Saturday (plus John was working). Grandma said Tommy was a very good boy all day. I'm glad he waited for me to get home so I could put him to bed, and he slept through the night which was great because I was exhausted and getting over a cold all week. Tommy had fun playing with his cousins Emily and Fin while Grandma watched him. When we got home Sunday, Daddy was out playing golf so Tommy and I played outside for about an hour and a half. My plan was to get him as much fresh air as possible and exhaust him so he slept good that night again...but he had ME running around instead! Since we were out front (warmer - the back was shaded by the house), he kept making a run for the street to try to throw a ball out there! He did do a lot of running around though, and just loves to be outside. Our yard is NOT fenced in, but I'm beginning to wonder if we might need to think about that to contain the Tomster in the future!
P.S. Total Body Torture is really called Total Body Training...it's a great class; makes me do a lot of stuff that I would never do working out on my own! But it is a pretty good name for a class, right?
No comments:
Post a Comment