Sunday was our final full day in Arizona. We were flying out late Sunday night on the red eye, which we scheduled purposely so we got the full day in to visit.
No surprise, Sunday is full of lots of puppy pictures with Tommy. He really just had so much fun with them. Everyone is going to be telling us we need to get a dog...and that is not happening, especially with our work schedules and Tommy's "brothers" Tux and Tails who had to be convinced that Tommy was actually here to stay after we brought him home!
My cousin Evin and his girlfriend Christa came to visit us at my aunt and uncle's house on Sunday. They have 3 dogs and 2 cats, and I was actually a little disappointed they did not bring the dogs so we could see how Tommy would react to them! But I agree with my aunt and uncle that it probably would have been a bit too much chaos with six dogs!!!
 |
| Tommy begs Beh to lay down and snuggle on the floor |
 |
| Doing the limbo under Beh |
 |
| Hugging it out! |
 |
| Keeping a safe distance from that scarecrow! |
 |
| Tommy was content for a photo in front of the smaller cactus...was a little nervous about the BIG ones! |
 |
| Tommy, Mommy, Christ and Evin...and there is a big catcus to our right that you can't see! |
 |
| I was amazed at the balance my son has...since they practice on a beam at school, I should not be surprised, but I am still amazed! |
 |
| Duf (I think) tickles Tommy |
 |
| Tommy tries to get Beh to do what Duf just did to him...to no avail |
 |
| Beh seems bored by Tommy's attempt at humor here |
 |
| Beh and DC had similar demeanors and personalities...wonder if Tommy realized they were not one and the same? |
 |
| My mom, Aunt Denise, and me |
 |
| Tommy looks like he's got something up his sleeve for Uncle Mark with that expression |
 |
| Pure joy! |
 |
| Daddy, Tommy and Mommy |
Although it was a very short trip, we made the most of it and had so much fun. I'm so glad that Tommy got to finally meet Uncle Mark, Evin, Christa, Dennis and Kim, as well as all of his "puppy cousins" who seemed to enjoy him just as much.
For me, it was a nice little respite in between some crazy weeks at work. The next month is going to be really crazy for me, so I made sure to not think much about work at all while we were away. And while the flight back was not very restful (except for Tommy, who slept the entire time), we are getting back on a schedule, though right now the going to bed routine is a bit out of whack for Tommy. A few days and we'll hopefully be back on track.
No comments:
Post a Comment