Tuesday, August 30, 2011

I'm Pretty Sure My Boy Will Be a Doctor

He is just way too smart. I see it in his frustration with me when he is trying to tell me something that I'm just not understanding...until 10 minutes later when it finally dawns on me and in hindsight it should have made total sense to me.  Tommy soaks up everything around him, always wanting to learn more.  His "oh, yes!" responses to things we tell him is priceless.  He says it in a way that makes you think he is just confirming what you just figured out, rather than you telling him what's going on. I honestly thinks he knows things before we tell him, but he is testing us to see if we'll be truthful.  Thus, my reason for believing he'll be a doctor someday. Maybe a general practitioner, perhaps a surgeon.  Or maybe a vet. Vets are doctors...and this boy LOVES animals.  His face lights up around all of them - cats, dogs, farm animals.  Today on a walk to the park he got really excited about a "woo-woo" that was walking towards us. A father and son, probably about 13, were walking the dog, and he was friendly so we were able to pet him, and he sniffed out Tommy, which made him laugh.  The dad commented on what a happy kid Tommy seemed to be, based on his excitement over seeing the dog.  I love when other people notice that, because even though the Tomster has his moments, he is an amazingly happy, smart kid.  And I'm lucky enough to be a part of his world.

Here's his world when we stopped at Atlantic Farms in Manasquan last week. He loved feeding the animals, and calling them his 'guys' and running from one pen to another.

Trying to get the big cow to pay him some attention

I'm pretty sure he asked "what's that?", and after  Daddy responded "an emu," Tommy congratulated him with an "Oh Yes!" to confirm that Daddy was indeed correct!

Admiring the emu

Can't get enough of this sweet face

Feeding the deer

One of Tommy's 'guys'

Hmmm...where are we off to next?
I was very proud of Tommy, being brave enough to feed the animals.  He wasn't a dope though - some of the goats were a little rough trying to fight each other for the carrots, so he let Mommy and Daddy handle those feedings.  Like I said...smart kid!

No comments:

Post a Comment