Thursday, August 18, 2011

We Went to a Wedding and Disappeared!


Yes, we're still here!  We have had a busy few weeks, and it's only going to get worse for me since the Rutgers Football season opener is two weeks from tonight - which I am in mad prep for, and of course I'll be at the game...working!  We had wedding on July 30th and then brought Tommy's Oma (and John's mom) back with us from the wedding to stay with us for two weeks.  And then Aunt Maria (or Ria, as Tommy calls her), came out for a long weekend at the end of those two weeks.  And as I just mentioned, work has been INSANE for me, and I've been stressed about a lot of stuff.  Top that off with a bad allergy week this week (hello, ragweed) and I just have not had the motivation or energy to figure out where to start to catch myself up on this blog, as well as the few of you who read it.

So, let's start with the wedding.

John's cousin Mia got married in Brooklyn in Carroll Park.  It was a beautiful evening, not too warm, and the ceremony was essentially held in an area between the playground (with sprinklers) and the basketball courts!  It was a very touching, and it was exactly what everyone would have expected Mia and Alex (the groom) to do.

John and I at the park wedding

Uncle Frank walking Mia down the aisle
Shot of the back of the GORGEOUS gown!

Best pic of the bride and groom I actually had on my camera..love the pic, just wish I had more!
After the ceremony, most of the guests walked "New Orleans style" the 5 or so blocks to the reception at The Green Building.  John's mom and I hopped on the charter bus they had available for those who did not want to walk.  For the record, it's not that I did not want to walk, but I wanted to keep my mother-in-law company on the bus since she could not do the walk with her bad foot.  Also, did you see the heels I was wearing???  I needed to make sure I did not overdo it so I could dance all night!

Wedding guests walking to the reception, complete with music!

Alex, Mia, and Muppet, their adorable puppy.  And yes, traffic did stop in the street for all of the wedding guests to walk in the street!

The bride with Maria and Julia, Maria's step-daughter

Me looking like a giant next to my sister-in-law

Julia and Ethan, my SIL's stepchildren
Craig and Maria


Cousins!  Dennis, John, Bryan, Nick
3 cousins - Nick, Tony and Maria, and 2 out-laws - me and Craig!

After the reception, a bunch of the  cousins went out to The Wing Bar.  We ordered 50 wings for 10 of us and somehow did not finish them!  We got back to the hotel at 3am!  That is the latest I have stayed out since I don't know when...way before Tommy arrived on the scene! As for our sweet little boy, he stayed at my parents' house for the night - his first official sleepover without Mommy or Daddy with him.  He did great, and had so much fun with Meema, Pop-Pop, Aunt Cindy, Uncle Dave, Em and Fin.After we picked him up we headed home with Oma for two weeks, so stay tuned for what we did on Oma's summer vacation!

No comments:

Post a Comment