Sundays are supposed to be a day of rest, but it's usually a busy day for us. This first Sunday of August was no different, and with Oma in town, we wanted to do something fun. When people ask me what kind of kid Tommy is, one of the words I always use is "busy." He likes to always be doing something. Sure, he'll veg in front of the TV, but not for that long. He would prefer to have the TV as background noise I think while he colors, plays with play-doh, throws/kicks balls, etc.
After church, we brought out the latest addition to Tommy's collection of vehicles taking up the other half of our 2-car garage - the jeep that used to belong to my niece Alexis. He loves to ride in this thing, and while he understands he has to press on the gas to get the jeep to move, he only does it for short bursts each time. Guess he is not ready to have me asking him to drive to the store to pick something up!
 |
| Climbing in |
 |
| On the move |
 |
| Annoyed that the horn does not actually beep |
Next up, Tommy had to check out his plant...known officially as "Tommy's plant" because each time we come outside, even in the morning when we are leaving for daycare/work, Tommy points it out and calls it that, and runs over to check out how it's doing.
Of course I have no idea what the plant is really called, though it's some sort of orange something or other. Tommy gave it to me for Mother's Day this year, and while I did not think it was going to survive once I planted it due to the bunny population in our area, John came up with a little aparatus to protect it and give it it's best shot.
 |
| Proud of the plant that he gave his Mommy |
 |
| Looks like he's about to pick the flowers off, which he has done a few times |
 |
| Thriving plant after a rough start after it was first planted |
I had to go to work an event that afternoon and evening at Rutgers, so Daddy, Tommy and Oma ventured over to Jenkinson's Aquarium on the Point Pleasant boardwalk. Tommy had a lot of fun looking at the fish, seals, and sharks.
 |
| Tommy and Daddy |
 |
| Up close and personal with the sharks |
 |
| I can almost picture him making his "O" lips for some reason! |
 |
| Tommy pointing out to Oma a Big Fact |
 |
| Mesmerized by the seals |
 |
| Obligatory head shot as a seal |
I'm pretty sure this kid will be a nature lover with all the things we are introducing to him and exposing him to. He gets very excited to help me pick the tomatoes off the plants...I'm hoping next year I'll have him weeding the garden since he's always wanting to be such a busy boy!
No comments:
Post a Comment